There are many ways to work with the Workplace Center. Join us in our mission to support the importance of work.
Join us in researching and evaluating workplace policies and practices and career services to best understand their impact.
Organizations or individuals interested in engaging the Workplace Center as a Research/Evaluation Partner may contact the Center at (212) 851-2258.
Work with a premier institute dedicated to the importance of work in people's lives. The Workplace Center can collaborate with you to:
- Develop best practice programs and policies for your organization
- Conduct research to inform your organization's practice
- Evaluate program effectiveness for improved practice outcomes
- Create inclusive workplaces through diversity initiatives
- Comply with legal mandates through training and education on appropriate workplace practice
- Carry out organizational needs assessments
- Offer new and existing best practice training initiatives
- Manage quality assurance activities for existing and new services
Wherever social welfare, career development and the workplace intersect, we are there to offer expert service, consultation and best practice applications for the field. Organizations or individuals interested in collaborating with the Workplace Center may contact the Center at (212) 851-2258.
Let your agency be a field placement for a Master's level student intern.
Unique to Columbia School of Social Work is the "World of Work" field of practice. In addition to the rigorous and comprehensive Social Work curriculum, World of Work students also study:
- The meaning of work from an individual, historical and societal perspective
- Trade unions and employers as sponsoring auspices and financial supporters of social policy formulation and social service program delivery
- The selective application of general social work ideas, theories, and practices to the specialized interests of work setting
- The diversity of workers as the target population, and how to use this specialized view as a conceptual framework for identifying the nature of other fields of practice
- Mutuality and conflict in coping with multiple roles of worker and family member over the life cycle
- Impacts of work and employment on presenting problems, service eligibility, specialized service delivery systems, and relevant interventions
- Legislation relevant to the relationship between the world of work and the social welfare sector
- Social workers as workers; options for self-empowerment through organizing, evaluation of practice, and use of specialized knowledge and skill
The Workplace Center is a "World of Work" field placement site for second-year Columbia School of Social Work graduate students.
Organizations interested in becoming a Columbia School of Social Work World of Work Placement Site may contact the CSSW Field Education Department at (212) 851-2314.
As an intern, you can support the efforts of a Center committed to the importance of work in people's lives. This internship placement is for second-year Master's level students in the Columbia Social Work program, specializing in Social Enterprise Administration (SEA). Interns work with a dynamic interdisciplinary team on cutting-edge research, program development, and training activities that recognize the centrality of work in people's lives. Our interns are a valuable asset to the Workplace Center team.
See where our graduates have gone and what they have to say about their time working with the Center.
The doctoral program enables those with Master's training and work experience to acquire the increased knowledge and competency required for leadership positions in the Social Work profession.
The Workplace Center has supported international and national doctoral candidates interested in the intersection of social welfare issues and the workplace.
For more information, see the Columbia School of Social Work's Ph.D. in Social Work website.
Search for career opportunities with the Workplace Center at Columbia University's Recruitment for Academic Personnel site.
The Workplace Center is currently accepting resumes for individuals interested in joining our team. Please email us your resume to [email protected] if you are interested in working with us.