Celebrating over 45 years contributing to Workplaces that Work
Our vision is to be the premier, innovative and cutting edge research and evaluation, program development, policy, training and consultation institute committed to the dissemination of evidence-informed best practice that promotes work as an opportunity for all.
- Work as a fundamental right. Access to meaningful work is a fundamental right of all people and contributes to their self-efficacy, well-being, and economic independence.
- Evidence-informed practice. The best practices in the field are guided by scientific evidence. The Center’s research is applied directly to practice.
- Workforce development. The Center’s expertise lies in understanding the relationships among employers, employees, and where relevant, trade unions. We help the workforce and the workplace understand their interdependent relationship and build a balanced workplace.
- Strengths perspective. In accordance with social work values, we believe that focusing on a person’s or an organization’s strengths is critical in promoting sustainable positive change.
- Systems approach to organizational change. Organizations and individuals exist as parts of complex systems that must be analyzed as a whole to understand problems fully and create sustainable solutions.